Garden vermin.

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Thomas Lippert, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Thomas Lippert

Thomas Lippert Member

In my state they are considered an invasive species. You are not allowed to relocate them. You are allowed to trap or shoot them.

2. robin416

robin416 Administrator Staff Member

I didn't say relocate. I remember what you said about them being invasive. What I was wondering if there was a way to keep them away. Would a hot wire around the areas they seem to like work? Is there some non lethal chemical that would cause them to go somewhere more pleasant?

I know the burrowing makes it difficult for most regular solutions but it's got to be frustrating dealing with them at such a level again and again.

Thomas Lippert likes this.

3. Thomas Lippert

Thomas Lippert Member

I've tried the commercial remedies, moth balls, fox urine. Etal.

4. robin416

Obviously I've been lucky and not had to deal with them. At least not yet. I wish one of us could come up with something and maybe someone might. It just doesn't look like it's going to be today.

5. TomC

TomC Active Member

Thomas Lippert likes this.
  6. Thomas Lippert

Thomas Lippert Member

Trapped them. Then 10/22. Quick painless.

7. robin416

Tom, that was an interesting read. Keeping them off the property in the first place could be expensive but that business about the ammonia and flooding are pretty simple. Except a tanker load of ammonia might be needed if the problem is bad.

TomC and Thomas Lippert like this.