Chicken Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my biggest Rooster at this time. He is 5 1/2 months old & quite the
"pretty boy" He made some sort of noise yesterday so maybe will be crowing before long. He is a Silver Laced Wyandotte. I am gonna be rooster poor
soon, as out of my 7 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte's I have 4 roosters & 3 pullets. These younger ones are 2 1/2 months old. Also have a young Golden Lace Wyandotte Roo & 2 hens !

Attachments

·
Registered
630 Posts
This is my biggest Rooster at this time. He is 5 1/2 months old & quite the
"pretty boy" He made some sort of noise yesterday so maybe will be crowing before long. He is a Silver Laced Wyandotte. I am gonna be rooster poor
soon, as out of my 7 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte's I have 4 roosters & 3 pullets. These younger ones are 2 1/2 months old. Also have a young Golden Lace Wyandotte Roo & 2 hens !
Nice looking rooster! Couldn't help but notice the Welsummer hen in the last pic. She's very nice looking also. :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
This is my American Game rooster. He's my breeding rooster. The two smaller ones are his offspring. They're my replacement roosters. The red one is my favorite. He protects his hens even at his young age. He isn't even breeding yet and he protects them like a broody momma hen does her chicks, lol. When the pullets (his sisters) holler he runs up ready to take on whatever's there. The gray one is a big baby, lol. The red one even protects him, lol. The gray one was the pick of the bunch, but I would take the red over him any day. :) Love American Games!

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone ! The Wellsummer I got just for her egg color ! Am having fun with these birds !
Yes it is funny to see the way the roosters stut around & show the hens a bug ect. Yesterday one of
the young BLR Wyandotte's had a tiny baby mouse. The other birds were chasing her. I am getting
what has turned out to be a RIR egg every day. This is out of the 5 1/2 month hens, so they
are beginning to lay !

·
Registered
187 Posts
RickaRae said:
This is Lord John Grey. No special breed, he was cute in the "Assorted Bantam" bin at the feed store. I was hoping he would a she, but he's still precious!
*would BE a she...

·
Registered
64 Posts
A couple of my favorite roos:

The first one, is a Hatch/Kelso/Typewriter cross. He started out as a mean little snot. But grew into the most gentle rooster on the yard.

The second pic is his Dad.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts