Chicken Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
If people pull up into your driveway so lost that their GPS can't get them back to civilization. Then they leave with directions, two dozens eggs, and a big bag of fresh produce. That happens to me at least twice a month, sometimes once a week in the summer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fundabug said:
If people pull up into your driveway so lost that their GPS can't get them back to civilization. Then they leave with directions, two dozens eggs, and a big bag of fresh produce. That happens to me at least twice a month, sometimes once a week in the summer.
Haha yes this happens all the time!

·
Registered
102 Posts
ten-acre-farms said:
When no internet company can work at your house.
I had never been able to get Internet, but a new company called Excede came out and now I have the net. Although they had to set a pole and dig a 90 foot trench to bury cable, I do indeed have the Internet now. I feel like a real person. Lol! I live out in the woods and don't even get cell reception, but they were able to make it work. Might be worth looking in to?

People show up at my place all the time needing directions bc their GPS stopped and they have no cell signal. Lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shann0 said:
I had never been able to get Internet, but a new company called Excede came out and now I have the net. Although they had to set a pole and dig a 90 foot trench to bury cable, I do indeed have the Internet now. I feel like a real person. Lol! I live out in the woods and don't even get cell reception, but they were able to make it work. Might be worth looking in to? People show up at my place all the time needing directions bc their GPS stopped and they have no cell signal. Lol
I'll look into that thank you!

·
Registered
88 Posts
When you can not understand why any would live in a city with smog...

·
Registered
66 Posts
When you go into the city for maybe a vacation and you wonder why there aren't nearly as many stars as back at home :)

·
Banned
1,954 Posts
When the electric goes down in a storm for 2 wks and you barely notice it is missing. Life proceeds pretty much as normal.

When there is an economic crash in 2008 and you didn't know it had happened...or what exactly happened that people are so riled up about.

When you can shoot a stray dog after your chickens and no one even hears it happen...nor do they care.

When the nearest Walmart is 45 mi. away..and you really don't care because you only go to town once a month, so it's an adventure.

·
Registered
534 Posts
When you walk up the stairs onto the front porch and you automatically scan for chicken poop, call back to your guests to do the same.. They look frantically around like they hadn't even noticed. Then you realize this is the normal for you and they are disgusted. Note to self; get country friends.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Bee said:
When the electric goes down in a storm for 2 wks and you barely notice it is missing. Life proceeds pretty much as normal.

When there is an economic crash in 2008 and you didn't know it had happened...or what exactly happened that people are so riled up about.

When you can shoot a stray dog after your chickens and no one even hears it happen...nor do they care.

When the nearest Walmart is 45 mi. away..and you really don't care because you only go to town once a month, so it's an adventure.
I want your life.

Lol. :)

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
When you go to bed it's quiet. No road, no trains (I hate all these trains), no loud neighbors, and if your neighbors are being loud it's gunshots.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When the big box on your backporch is sitting over the backup generator

You can't put your bird feeder out till after the first snow otherwise the bear will get it.

When all you want for Christmas is a new barn coat (so you have something nice to wear to town)
'LL Bean has a nice one BTW

When it's time for your Christmas tree, you hand your hubby the chainsaw,walk out to the back forty, and say, "I want the top off that one!"

Oh and the funniest. The grandkids come to visit and they're hanging off the backporch rail trying to get a cell signal! :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts