Yoga

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Energyvet, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Anyone else a Yogi?

2. BootedBantam

BootedBantam New Chicken Mom

3. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Does that qualify as a yes or a no? Lol

4. ThreeJ

ThreeJ New Member

I have started the Insanity program I am in week 2 along with my wife, It does have some yoga moves in it. My wife had started doing yoga till they moved further away from us. Since she is doing this with me I may have to do some with her. It is not really hard to do, it just hurts... I have found out I am not as flexible as I use to be. :eek:Sucks to get old.Just trying to lose a few pounds.:eek:

5. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Baron Baptist baby! I'm down yet another pants size (that makes 4). And I'm experiencing changes in my body that were completely unexpected! Baron is the guy I tell you. I just got 2 more of his DVDs today. And I'm loving being strong again!

6. ThreeJ

ThreeJ New Member

I will have to look into him, how many dvds does he have out.And congrats on the new you.

7. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

I've only gotten the inexpensive ones. There's like $68, and $98 dollar collection on amazon that I just don't have the $ for at the moment. But $9, $11, 14 I can do. That's what I paid for journey into power 1-2 and vinyasa live core power. My abs are gonna hate me, but hey I kinda hate them at the moment! Haha. I've always been physically active (cheerleader, gymnastics) but I wish I would have known about yoga when I was young. I started my son - with me - at 16. Whenever we are together we practice together. I'm better at some things and he's better at others. But he has a life skill now. And we both keep getting better, stronger and healthier. We both gave up carbs this Summer. It's all about SLIM CALM & SEXY, right?

8. ThreeJ

ThreeJ New Member

If all of that is a side benifit, then good. This is all albout me being able to keep up with my kids before they run me into the ground, they are all starting to play a little rougher.

9. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Trust me. Yoga gives you stamina. Sustaining difficult poses when trying to breath, relax and smile gives you incredible power. I used to struggle carrying two cats down the stairs. Was really afraid my legs would give out. Now I run up and down stairs and do lightning bolt pose while waiting for the dogs to be done in the back yard. I can reach the middle of the top shelf of my kitchen cabinet where months ago I could only reach up to the edge of the shelf - never anything on the shelf. And I'm an old fat lady. Hahaha. Imagine what it will do for you!