Chicken Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was a record haul! A full dozen! & we only have 1 EE who laid both of those pretty green eggs! I was so excited, I just HAD to share!!! (We have 8 older layers & 6 that have *just* started laying.)

Attachments

·
Banned
1,954 Posts
You'll soon be frantically looking for egg cartons! :D Years ago I just broke down and invested in a case of new ones and used out of them for years and still never even got half way through the case~just as soon as I bought them, folks started handing me tons of egg cartons :rolleyes: ...finally donated the rest of that amount to the local food pantry that gets donations of eggs but without cartons.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, Apyl!

Bee, everyone I know started saving cartons as soon as we got chickens & I have a huge stack. I told them all I'm good for now, but will start taking them again when I'm halfway through this stack. I have so many eggs right now, I can't give them away fast enough! Lol! But, I know production is going to slow down soon, & everyone will be wondering where the eggs went!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Good looking eggs! :)

Bee, that sounds like me, lol. I started out and everyone was saving their egg cartons for me and I told them I had enough and then all of a sudden my stash was empty and all I had was the 30 egg flats. People came to buy eggs and I was like, "Oh, sorry, all I have is these 30 egg flats. Would you rather just hold them?" lol. :)

·
Banned
1,954 Posts
Good looking eggs! :)

Bee, that sounds like me, lol. I started out and everyone was saving their egg cartons for me and I told them I had enough and then all of a sudden my stash was empty and all I had was the 30 egg flats. People came to buy eggs and I was like, "Oh, sorry, all I have is these 30 egg flats. Would you rather just hold them?" lol. :)
I was giving people eggs in Walmart bags! Thank goodness for strong shells. I finally had to break down and buy those cartons and, of course, Murphy's Law showed up and flooded me with donated cartons soon thereafter. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol! Right?!? He's always causing trouble over here! ;-) (Sorry it took so long to reply, my app apparently decided it doesn't want to notify me of new posts anymore & my new semester started, so I've been crazy busy!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts