Chicken Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all,
I read somewhere that ducks should be wormed 2 to 4 times a year, but I've never done it before. I only have two ducks, and they don't have any symptoms, but I figure I'd better be safe than sorry. I bought Avitrol Plus syrup, but I have no idea how much to give then. Everything I've found on google is for chickens. It says to put the syrup in their drinking water, but chickens don't drink their swimming water!

I want to give it to them orally with a syringe, but how much do I give them? And do I need to fast them for 24 hours like the tablets? Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Sorry no help here. I have never wormed any of my animals. I dont medicate since we eat the eggs and meat and I dont want any chance of any medication being in what we eat.

·
Registered
20 Posts
We use Verm-X as a dewormer for all of our fowl. It comes in liquid form or pellets, and it does not have a waiting period regarding egg collection. All of our fowl are extremely healthy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are Ducks the only livestock you have? I never have wormed mine. You could put some food grade DE in with their food from time to time, but I doubt worming them is necessary. You can continue you eat the eggs too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts