Chicken Forum banner
401 - 405 of 405 Posts

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
I’m so sorry!!! If you want I can get you some more eggs. I will have to re separate everyone, before they stop laying!!!
It's OK. Maybe in the spring if you have extra eggs. The temperatures are now going down in the lower 20's. I found the shipping box and eggs sitting on the steps late this afternoon. If the day hadn't warmed well above freezing, the eggs would have froze.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #402 ·
It's OK. Maybe in the spring if you have extra eggs. The temperatures are now going down in the lower 20's. I found the shipping box and eggs sitting on the steps late this afternoon. If the day hadn't warmed well above freezing, the eggs would have froze.
Ok. Again I’m really sorry and I hope these 4 are all healthy and hatch!!

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Also, is there something I could have done different for a better shipment? That way come spring I can send more and this not happen again.
Yes. The foam pieces between the eggs didn't work and caused the breakage. Bubble wrap works fairly well. We've shipped eggs with two layers of bubble wrap with medium bubbles covering all sides. Each egg needs to be individually wrapped and taped. Then placed in the box with a foam layer, point down with material stuffed around the eggs so everything is fairly tight and won't shift. A thinnish foam layer is put on top and the box sealed.

I am not upset by what happened, though I wish we had conversed when you were packing the eggs so I could have given input.

When I looked over the eggs one that was covered in goo and bits of paper was also unbroken, so there's five of your eggs in the incubator (cross fingers and toes). Perhaps I will get lucky.

I will be PMing (conversation).

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #405 ·
Yes. The foam pieces between the eggs didn't work and caused the breakage. Bubble wrap works fairly well. We've shipped eggs with two layers of bubble wrap with medium bubbles covering all sides. Each egg needs to be individually wrapped and taped. Then placed in the box with a foam layer, point down with material stuffed around the eggs so everything is fairly tight and won't shift. A thinnish foam layer is put on top and the box sealed.

I am not upset by what happened, though I wish we had conversed when you were packing the eggs so I could have given input.

When I looked over the eggs one that was covered in goo and bits of paper was also unbroken, so there's five of your eggs in the incubator (cross fingers and toes). Perhaps I will get lucky.

I will be PMing (conversation).
Ok, thank you. Come spring I WILL make sure to ship out more eggs. I’m happy that there’s 5 and not 4. I’m hoping all goes well with the hatch.

401 - 405 of 405 Posts