Chicken Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was so excited to see our first egg this morning! And a "green" one at that. So very fitting that our family name is Hamm and our first egg is green. Green Egg for the Hamm's! LOL :p

I really wasn't expecting to see any eggs for another month or so. I was going to start the girls on layer food this week but one of the girls beat me to the punch.

Attachments

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I found our 2nd egg yesterday afternoon! Another green one. I thought I was going to witness our 3rd egg being laid. One of our Easter Eggers went to the nesting box while I was in the coop giving everyone a treat. She stayed there for a while and "squatted" a few times but... no egg laid. Our girls will be 4 months old this Sunday. I never expected to see eggs this soon. Our friend called this morning, very excited. He has 4 month old ladies too and he now has 2 eggs. Pretty cool to be adults and sharing photo text messages of our chicken's eggs. :D

·
Happee ChickenSuperMomma
150 Posts
Congratulations! How egg-citing! ;-)

·
sociallyskilled
1 Posts
Pic!

I'd love to see a picture of your shadow box and cross stitch. Our girls are 2 months old, so we won't get eggs for a few more months yet, but I'm sure we're going to be elated when we get our first egg!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
sociallyskilled said:
I'd love to see a picture of your shadow box and cross stitch. Our girls are 2 months old, so we won't get eggs for a few more months yet, but I'm sure we're going to be elated when we get our first egg!
Here it is.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts