Chicken Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
825 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I was watching the video, and I kept thinking.. "I know this road from somewhere! Where?!" Derr! Of course I know this road! I haven't been on Wolf Creek Pass for a while, maybe this summer when I go to Durango. I go to the San Luis Valley to visit my father in law, but we never go that way. :) Thanks for sharing. And I love CW McCall! (PS: I'm not old, but I'm not a teenager either! lol)

·
Banned
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was watching the video, and I kept thinking.. "I know this road from somewhere! Where?!" Derr! Of course I know this road! I haven't been on Wolf Creek Pass for a while, maybe this summer when I go to Durango. I go to the San Luis Valley to visit my father in law, but we never go that way. :) Thanks for sharing. And I love CW McCall! (PS: I'm not old, but I'm not a teenager either! lol)
The San Luis Valley can get very COLD in the Winter (as does Wolf Creek Pass).
When I worked for Associated Grocers in Denver.....I sold produce to the Supermarkets owned by the Kelloff family in the San Luis Valley. I don't know whether they are still in business there or have sold-out to a larger grocery-chain.
They were good people to do business with.

-ReTIRED- :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes, it does get very cold in the San Luis Valley! It is very nice to visit in the summer time. :) Nice, cool evenings are enjoyed there. As for me, I live in the drier more desert part of Colorado. I don't know whether to love it or not! :)
I don't know if it's still owned by the Kelloff family or not, but Associated Grocers still have a little store there. I'll have to ask my father in law next time I talk to him.

·
Banned
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm guessing that you are probably located somewhere near Montrose or there-abouts.
I'm a couple hundred miles South of there where it is even DRYer.
-ReTIRED- :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Close enough! I actually live a few minutes south east of Grand Junction. :) I have been through Gallup. It is dry there. I want to explore that part of NM more sometime. I have spent most of my NM time in Santa Fe, Taos, and Espanola areas. I really like NM!

·
Banned
825 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts