Chicken Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have a bantam polish that free ranges with the big girls and have not had any problems with them plucking her feathers out. She is in a separate coop with the other bantams, tho.

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
I have a small LF crested polish that hangs with my LF red comet and by two bantam buff rocks. They all get along just fine.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:( I had her in a cage inside my coop so they could see eachother without pecking then I let her out at night and everything went well. I woke up this morning and went out in the coop and she was bleeding because they plucked so many feathers out :( I have her back in cage what is my best bet to do?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Kokoschicks said:
:( I had her in a cage inside my coop so they could see eachother without pecking then I let her out at night and everything went well. I woke up this morning and went out in the coop and she was bleeding because they plucked so many feathers out :( I have her back in cage what is my best bet to do?
There are many "no pick" products. We use Rooster Booster. A couple of applications and it tastes so nasty the other birds leave her alone.

·
Registered
171 Posts
How long did you have her in the cage? Best bet would be a couple of weeks in the cage and then supervise the chickens in the run or yard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts