Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got mine because they looked so cute and poofy! :p I also thought it'd be a great experience! /)

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fuzziebutt said:
Hubby wanted a 3 piece meal from KFC, and I was in one of THOSE moods. :D
Hahaha! XD

·
Registered
42 Posts
My boss was talking about getting a flock and I just could not be outdone! They were cute, I wanted eggs, and my husband said no.

·
A Round American Woman
735 Posts
I was raised a country girl, and so when hubbie and I became back to the landers, in my opinion the two most important things were starting a garden and raising my own chickens.

As a professional baker, those eggs are golden!! My cakes are fabulous!!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Because 1) I love all animals 2) have fresh eggs would be great. 3) time passer. 4) watching something grow up is so cool ;)

·
Banned
825 Posts
Well now ...thet-thar is a purty good question. Lemme think on thet a bit.
---------------------thinking------------------\
I reckon hit's 'cause I sometimes fed my neighbor's Chickens an' Rabbuts and Horsey an' Burro....
...when he went "Out-of-Town"...so-ta-speak.

An' bein' the "Big-Boss" hyar at "Dottie's Farm"....I got ta thinkin'...
----------thinkin' again-------------------\
....a FARM hain't really a "Farm" if'n hit got NO CHICKENS !!!
....so, I casually mentioned this to my neighbor.
And he GAVE me 4 Buff Orpington Pullets AND one-a-them-thar "Golden-Comet" Roosters.
WELL NOW....this hyar 1/2 acre spread is a REAL FARM NOW......
if'n I kin keep them danged chickens outa my GARDEN !!! ( I mean "Truck-Farm" )

Ha-Ha !ReTIRED :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did not want them. My husband and daughter did i agreed to get them but stated they were not my deal. However, I have fallen head over heels for them! I loveeee them!

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
I've always been around chickens on my grandparents farm and always wanted them. When we moved from the Chicago burbs to a couple wooded acres in Wisconsin my whole goal was to be self-sustaining. So of course chickens were the first thing I got. My chickens are here to provide eggs, meat, and to keep the ticks under control. The ducks were a spur of the moment thing and we found out we really like them. Next on my list is a pair of goats.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When my husband first mentioned that we should get a couple of chickens, I thought he was nuts!! LoL. He thought it would be fun. Now, 5 years later, I'm the one begging to get more baby chicks every spring. :) love them!

·
Happee ChickenSuperMomma
150 Posts
I got them because I wanted eggs... Organic, fresh, free roaming, homegrown, natural, REAL eggs! :)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Itsacutefuzzball said:
I got mine because they looked so cute and poofy! :p I also thought it'd be a great experience! /)
I got my six lil bebe chickies for fresh eggs and adorable chicken antics :) I just got six total pullets- 2 barred rock, 2 buff Orpington, and two eater eggers. All are healthy except for one of the barred rocks who got a little bit of pasty butt. I held a warm, damp washcloth on her and there is some improvement.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts