Chicken Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
The reasons can be many ... I know that is not much help but it is true.

I need a little more info ... 1) what kind of chickens do you have. 2) Are they free range or in a coop. 3) What kind of feed do you use.

(Just for starters)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Sundancers said:
The reasons can be many ... I know that is not much help but it is true.

I need a little more info ... 1) what kind of chickens do you have. 2) Are they free range or in a coop. 3) What kind of feed do you use.

(Just for starters)
She's right little bit more info please!! But u should get them on to laying food....or maybe they aren't the right age?
Hope this helps :)
Olivia

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Time change messes up their laying, and some just start later. My Ameraucana was 8 months before she laid her first egg. Yours will probably start any day. Make sure you have a "fake" egg in the nest box so they know to associate that as being the place to lay their egg. Plastic egg (not one that breaks apart) works or I have used a white golfball since that's what I had laying around. (Actually my dog found it somewhere and I snatched it from her.) ;) Worked too!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have 2 barred rocks and a blue muran. I feed them thir food that has their vitamins i think its called scratch the crushed pellets and i give them corn still because its still cold here and i give them fresh veggies and fruits everyday. I also let them free range as much as they want everyday

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is laying food? What does it consist of? These are my first batch of chickens so still learning as I go =] I will definitley put a golf ball in there to let them know its time to give me some eggs:D

·
Registered
336 Posts
karina said:
What is laying food? What does it consist of? These are my first batch of chickens so still learning as I go =] I will definitley put a golf ball in there to let them know its time to give me some eggs:D
Laying food is reg. food with vitamins and minerals that help their egg laying abilities :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts