Chicken Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a bunch of little roos that are starting to crow and I need to decide who to keep. I have narrowed it down to two options. And I have a roo already who has a green egg genetic and all of his babies come out green layers and he's my baby and we are not getting rid of him. So I can only keep one more. The first one is cocoanut (coconut spelled wierd) he's a white roo with a fun personality, but he has the color genetic, and currently we only have one brown layer, witch is fire. The second option is wish, he is a black roo with a interesting personality. He is the cross of a golden duck wing Phoenix and a black sexlink crossed with a Rhode island red. So he is most likely brown egger and speckled brown layers was a possibility of a tint. So what do y'all think? Wish was moving sorry if it's a bad picture
Bird Chicken Comb Gesture Phasianidae

Beak Galliformes Chicken Grass Poultry

·
Registered
393 Posts
What are your goals for keeping them? If they're just pets, whose personality do you prefer? If you're wanting to breed them, what do you hope to accomplish in their offspring? Egg color seems important based on your post, which egg colors are you wanting to keep in your flock? What feather colors are you hoping to see in future generations? If either of them came from a particularly prolific layer, or even from a poor layer, is that the sort of thing you want in your flock? Picking a keeper male is hard (trust me, I know!), but if you sit down and really reflect on what you want your flock to do for you, it can help a lot!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wish I could see more of Wish. :p Right now he's the one I'd keep.
Ok I have a bunch of little roos that are starting to crow and I need to decide who to keep. I have narrowed it down to two options. And I have a roo already who has a green egg genetic and all of his babies come out green layers and he's my baby and we are not getting rid of him. So I can only keep one more. The first one is cocoanut (coconut spelled wierd) he's a white roo with a fun personality, but he has the color genetic, and currently we only have one brown layer, witch is fire. The second option is wish, he is a black roo with a interesting personality. He is the cross of a golden duck wing Phoenix and a black sexlink crossed with a Rhode island red. So he is most likely brown egger and speckled brown layers was a possibility of a tint. So what do y'all think? Wish was moving sorry if it's a bad picture View attachment 44989

View attachment 44988
Are any of your roo’s have any aggressive mannerisms? I have a 22week old cockerel that is so pretty but he is behaving aggressively towards my 14 yr old granddaughter. I wish I could find a good cockeral for my pullets that are 22 weeks and 17 weeks.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are any of your roo’s have any aggressive mannerisms? I have a 22week old cockerel that is so pretty but he is behaving aggressively towards my 14 yr old granddaughter. I wish I could find a good cockeral for my pullets that are 22 weeks and 17 weeks.
Currently none of my roos are aggressive,and they are 15 weeks now, most of them hatched on May 4th. Is they are close to reaching maturity. I think I am keeping wish. So my other three are up. Most currently don't like being handed but won't attack. If you would like I could show you the three boys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts