Chicken Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got our first egg from our girls this morning. We have Barred Rock and Isa brown hens, but we have no idea which breed laid this. Can anyone help?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apyl....Barred Rock? Hmmmm....For some reason I thought since they were the bigger chicken, they'd lay a bigger egg. Of course, it's her first one, so maybe it's just 'practice' sized. LOL! Hoping the others will follow suit soon!
Thanks for the info!!
(And ok, Roger....You were right...)

Holly...Thanks! It is cute, and perfect. Nice hard shell, beautiful color. Just really small.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Apyl....Barred Rock? Hmmmm....For some reason I thought since they were the bigger chicken, they'd lay a bigger egg. Of course, it's her first one, so maybe it's just 'practice' sized. LOL! Hoping the others will follow suit soon!
Thanks for the info!!
(And ok, Roger....You were right...)

Holly...Thanks! It is cute, and perfect. Nice hard shell, beautiful color. Just really small.
All your eggs will start out small, they'r pullet eggs. I'm not exactly sure when the eggs will be full size but I have read that laying peak is at or around 30 weeks. So maybe around then the eggs will get bigger ? :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good to know, Apyl! Madman concurs. Sure wasn't the one I'd have guessed.
When the Ameraucanas start laying, I'll know those for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts