Chicken Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hens has white tipped combs and black or dark purple at the very very tip. I don't know if it's frost bite but I need help! I put a heat lamp every night for them. Thanks!

·
977 Posts
Nothing now but we put Vaseline on our chickens combs when it is really cold. They hate it but it does work

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been putting Vaseline on then since yesterday. I've just read about frostbite on chickens and it said that it'll eventually dry up and fall off.. Will the place where it fell off, grow back?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also a quick update, I went to go check on the hens and one seemed to have a swollen part on the tip of her comb and out of curiosity, I squeezed it. A white milky-ish color oozed out, so I just put a thick amount of vaseline on that part. What was that? Thanks!

·
1,466 Posts
Also a quick update, I went to go check on the hens and one seemed to have a swollen part on the tip of her comb and out of curiosity, I squeezed it. A white milky-ish color oozed out, so I just put a thick amount of vaseline on that part. What was that? Thanks!
could be a little infection......?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts