Chicken Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a pretty big yard, but behind the big fence is Dagoba. I don't think there are a lot of predators. I've seen a bunny and a garden snake. Oh and the cat who lives next door. But not a lot of wild - although I have smelled the occasional skunk. So, I would like the opinions of the members as to where is the best location to set up the coop.

I'll post a photo of my yard and maybe make a layout so you can voice your opinions.

And thanks in advance for all your valuable help.

·
Banned
139 Posts
I would probably put it on the back of the lot where the tree line is, my location is similar I put it
against our back fence near the tree line it helps in the winter with wind break and also its positioned
so they get the warm evening sun in the winter but its shaded in the summer

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's what I was thinking Tiny. But that's the corner where the predators would be coming in. There's a little door back there to a stream, compost and very wild brush. But that feels like the best place. Not a lot of sun though.

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe before Thanksgiving. If not, then Thanksgiving. The coop will only hold 4 so I think that's my limit.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I like the back corner idea.

You said that you had a small gate in the fence leading back to a small stream, so I assume it is some long distance to your nieghbor to the back. Proximity to the nieghbor in the back is the only consideration.

Looks good. I have to much sun not enough shade.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts