Chicken Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And the temp goes from 50掳 to 18掳 and snowing.

Noticed poor Maya shivering when the dogs and I were out playing in the snow. Brought her inside for a bit while their coop was heating up, she watched Avatar with me. 馃槀

Bird Head Vertebrate Phasianidae Chicken

Bird Picture frame Phasianidae Beak Neck

Bird Black Personal computer Purple Interior design

Administrator
Makes me wonder if she hasn't got you figured out. She gets to come in the nice warm house to watch TV with you.

Chickens are smarter than people give them credit for.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Makes me wonder if she hasn't got you figured out. She gets to come in the nice warm house to watch TV with you.

Its possible. I've had to bring her inside when she went missing for a few weeks and turned up half starved.

Administrator
She what?

Usually when something like that happens something scared them off and they get lost.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She what?

Usually when something like that happens something scared them off and they get lost.
I have hawks around here, so thats probably what spooked her, or it could of been the construction behind my house. She was gone for 3 weeks.

Administrator
Go ahead and spoil her as much as she demands. Being missing that long and showing back up is pretty rare.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if she had a nest hidden somewhere. Three weeks would be about right for sitting on a nest of infertile eggs.

Registered
Rest in peace Sunfish
Chestnut is moulting and she won鈥檛 cuddle with me:(( I was mad and then I didn鈥檛 go outside the whole day and buttercup was jsut at the door knocking for 2 hours but I didn鈥檛 notice until someone told me bjt then I was too lazy to go outside since it鈥檚 cold and then they got mad even more and won鈥檛 even say goodnight to me now

Registered

I would suggest SOME chickens are smarter then we give them credit for. Been raising meat birds for a few years they don鈥檛 deserve much credit. LOL

Registered
I second robin's idea of her sitting on infertile eggs somewhere. it takes 21 days, aka 3 weeks, for eggs to either hatch or the chicken to lose interest. Haha, glad she came back!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts