Chicken Forum banner

What's everyone up to?

68K views 2K replies 29 participants last post by  robin416 
#1 ·
Right now for me, it's dealing with the weather that keeps swinging from one extreme or another.

I've been talking to someone who raises Bonsai and I can't wait to see some pics. We've also discovered that raising Bonsai is like chicken math.

#10 ·
I'm munching samoa girl scout cookies, there's nothing in the house until tomorrow when I make about 5 million loaves of banana bread. My daughter got a banana craving and so I bought a whole bunch of them. As soon as I got them in the house she said she was over it....

Reactions: robin416
#14 ·
oooo Friendship bread is AMAZING! Hmm, now you've got me thinking I should do more baking!

Yes I thought about freezing the bananas, I may end up doing that, they are awfully brown now, I didn't get to bake today, I was not feeling well.

#18 ·
That is absolutely adorable!

The banana's shouldn't bother the chickens as long as I don't go overboard on how much they eat of it, after all, it is a sugar treat! I'll probably steal the suet cake cage from the wild bird feeder for the day and let them have a little fun with a banana in a cage hahaha

Robin, if you want a quick and adorable Easter craft to do, buy some of those foam eggs in teh craft department, wind pastel colored yarn around them until the entire egg is covered, tie it off at the top into a top ponytail looking thing, paste on eyes, little feet made of felt and a little beak made of felt, voile! an easter chick. I did that several years ago, made a whole egg basket full for my mother.

#20 ·
BONNSSSAAAIIIIIII! So Robin is excited for bonsai pics. Here is the one I repotted this past weekend into a new pot. Bonsai is very much like chicken math. Theres many different species, then many different styles. I have over a hundred trees myself, ranging from Japanese maples, crepe myrtles, tropicals, pines, junipers.

Anyone else do bonsai???

This one is a trident maple.

#27 ·
I tried my hand at bonsai a few times...it was complete fail. I just don't have a knack for it I guess. I am impressed that you can do it.