Chicken Forum banner

1661 - 1680 of 1760 Posts

·
Serama King
2,043 Posts
I am seriously thinking about getting a pair of pigeons.
My advice-Take your time and be sure of the breed you want. Some are fantastic fliers and some are not. Some are beautiful to look at and some not so much. Some do rolls and flips in the air and other tumble on the ground. Feathered feet, extra large, frilly, fantails, and on and on... Look at the beautiful images online and read, read, read.

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,663 ·
If he didn't want to ship, wouldn't he be limited on what breeds he could get? Some of those pics you posted I had no idea those birds even existed so they can't be wide spread here in the states.

·
Serama King
2,043 Posts
If he didn't want to ship, wouldn't he be limited on what breeds he could get? Some of those pics you posted I had no idea those birds even existed so they can't be wide spread here in the states.
Pigeons are very popular. Most breeds can be found within the state; maybe not the newest creations. Yes, Robin they are wide-spread. PJ is only limited by how far he wants to drive; and even at that I'll bet Ohio has a big selection to choose from. TN sure does as can be verified online. Over and over I wish I could drive for more than an hour. But, perhaps it's a good thing or I would go overboard more than I do now.

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,665 ·
Yeah, if you could drive you might do stupid things like I did.

There is shipping. Expensive and scary.

·
Serama King
2,043 Posts
No "might" about it. I would. Another awful day. It's been a week + with no pain meds. And now it will be longer. First holidays, then people on vacation and no one else can write a prescription and now the -------------------put an extra drug on the prescription in case of overdose. A drug we already have and have never used. A drug that calls for a $100 out of pocket and since it's on the same paper as the pain med, the pharmacy can't fill the prescription without doing both. A hundred dollars for nothing. I am pissed and I hurt. Because I can hardly walk everything is going to hell with the animals. Sorry, I needed to vent, Dumb-ass TN. May the fleas of a thousand camels invade their armpits.

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,669 ·
Weird, isn't it? It might all have to do with the type of pain too. I use aspirin for headaches because ibuprofen doesn't seem to help.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Just curious but who owns this whole chicken forum? Who created it?

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,673 ·
Just curious but who owns this whole chicken forum? Who created it?
The creator of this forum no longer owns it. It's now owned by a large company.

You become a staff member after having been a trusted participating member for a while. Current mods and admins can recommend new mods.

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
Pigeons are very popular. Most breeds can be found within the state; maybe not the newest creations. Yes, Robin they are wide-spread. PJ is only limited by how far he wants to drive; and even at that I'll bet Ohio has a big selection to choose from. TN sure does as can be verified online. Over and over I wish I could drive for more than an hour. But, perhaps it's a good thing or I would go overboard more than I do now.
There are about five breeders within an hour drive. At the end of the month there is a pigeon sale and swap in Rogers, Ohio which is only 36 miles away.

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
The creator of this forum no longer owns it. It's now owned by a large company.

You become a staff member after having been a trusted participating member for a while. Current mods and admins can recommend new mods.
Sorry, I was talking about this post, if that's why you put that question mark.

1661 - 1680 of 1760 Posts