Chicken Forum banner

1641 - 1660 of 1760 Posts

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,646 ·
I think I might be hooked on quail. They're so easy to take care of compared to chickens. Chickens are even more work than the Guineas.

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,648 ·
Two of those things. Seven miles from town, planted pines all around the houses on this road.

·
Serama King
2,043 Posts
Two of those things. Seven miles from town, planted pines all around the houses on this road.
You were talking of "easy care" so I wanted to mention, depending on the breed, pigeons can be quite easy to care for; especially the full-flight breeds like mine. My flock disappears for several hours at a time every day foraging around the countryside. With small numbers there is very little care. Other breeds, the care is immense and I wouldn't want to do it either.

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,650 ·
Nope. Although some of those pics you posted were amazing, I'm not getting into pigeons or doves.

BTW, my doves showed back up yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
You all are a bunch delinquents.
You could have a side business where you release white doves at weddings or have trained peacocks that display at the same time!!!

·
Registered
408 Posts
I really like white pigeons, I saw at a wedding the bride and groom were side by side and they both had a white dove about to let them fly away and he threw his up in the air and it dropped.. poor thing. 😂

1641 - 1660 of 1760 Posts