Chicken Forum banner
2081 - 2100 of 2114 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
That's what you were talking about I believe, wasp spray that shoots 10 feet, I think that's called jet spray. If it isn't that's what they mean by jet spray, something that shoots a stream a long ways instead of a wide spray a short distance

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
That's what I'm going to try and do but it might take a few days. I need to get some spray first and also see if I can find 1 of my red lensed flashlights. I've read that they're like a lot of animals and can't see red lights and regular lights might wake them up and will follow it back to you. I also need to wear a bunch of heavy clothes in case they do wake up and attack me.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Well how anti climatic was that? That guy is brave to do it during the day and think that all is safe to be carrying it around.
He's been doing it for decades. He put his bee hat and jacket on and walked right up to it and sprayed wasp/hornet killer right in the hole and started cutting it down and stuck it in the bag and put it in his truck. Only took him about 10 minutes.

·
Premium Member
4,496 Posts
Lowes and home depot sell jet wasp spray but you gotta make sure the wind doesn't shift or you get a face full of wasp spray. Maybe contact a pest control company?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Well in addition to the hardening of my arteries behind my left knee,the bulging discs with spurs in both my neck and lower back which has been giving me trouble since March, I found out Thursday I have a blockage in another part of my right eye that has killed a pretty good sized area of it and if it busts it'll make my eye fill up with blood. I have to have 2 laser surgeries in it and 6 monthly injections in it and then see if it'll need more.
:(

·
Administrator
24,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,099 ·
Well, crap. I guess it was too much to hope for things to have settled once you found the reason for your vision problems.

When I was in the waiting room waiting on my post op appt, I met two people who were having the injections. One was a man, the other was a woman. Both had had them in the past. Neither was worried about having the injection done. It's hard for me to imagine but it must not be as awful as I picture if they were fine with it.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Well, crap. I guess it was too much to hope for things to have settled once you found the reason for your vision problems.

When I was in the waiting room waiting on my post op appt, I met two people who were having the injections. One was a man, the other was a woman. Both had had them in the past. Neither was worried about having the injection done. It's hard for me to imagine but it must not be as awful as I picture if they were fine with it.
No,the shots aren't bad at all. The only thing sort of bad, a little anyways, is the antiseptic they put around it to keep infection out,it sort of burns a little most of the rest of the day. You have to put artificial tears drops in it every few hours too and no rubbing the eye, that's it. The shots themselves don't hurt at all. I'm mostly concerned about the laser treatments and if it busts before my first treatment which isn't until the 29th.

2081 - 2100 of 2114 Posts