What's everyone up to?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by robin416, Feb 21, 2020.

1. robin416

robin416 Administrator Staff Member

Right now for me, it's dealing with the weather that keeps swinging from one extreme or another.

I've been talking to someone who raises Bonsai and I can't wait to see some pics. We've also discovered that raising Bonsai is like chicken math.

Maryellen likes this.
  2. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Member

Watching snow melt and fall from the trees, staying inside to avoid below freezing temps, crocheting a little..........I'd much rather have been working today!

3. robin416

I know what I am going to be doing in the near future, surgery on the dislocated finger. I am so over it. I did this a month and a half ago, my dishwasher decided to die. I've been doing dishes by hand and the finger is letting me know it's not with the program.

4. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Member

Sopapilla anyone?
    71645446_2682551045124545_6176284051071041536_n.jpg

Nancy B and Maryellen like this.
  5. robin416

I so don't like you right now.

6. robin416

I'm sitting here eating a Hershey's with almonds. It doesn't even compare to what you made.

7. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Member

oldest granddaughter wanted them last night but I didn't do it so I HAD to do them tonight for her

8. robin416

I keep telling myself I need something in this house to snack on. But when I'm at the store nothing appeals to me so I come home and look in all the cabinets for something, anything to snack on.

9. Sylie

Sylie Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm munching samoa girl scout cookies, there's nothing in the house until tomorrow when I make about 5 million loaves of banana bread. My daughter got a banana craving and so I bought a whole bunch of them. As soon as I got them in the house she said she was over it....

robin416 likes this.
  10. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Member

I've been thinking about starting up a batch of friendship bread but all my motivation has been dedicated to other things.
    Robin, perhaps you should give the finger to the dishwasher :D

11. robin416

Started my morning off with a laugh. That's a good start.

You can freeze those bananas if you only want to make 2.5 million.

12. robin416

Wrong finger. It's my ring finger on my dominate (right) hand.

13. Sylie

oooo Friendship bread is AMAZING! Hmm, now you've got me thinking I should do more baking!

Yes I thought about freezing the bananas, I may end up doing that, they are awfully brown now, I didn't get to bake today, I was not feeling well.

14. robin416

Aren't those supposed to be the best for nanna bread? They still freeze well, I've done it. Then because I never got to them threw them away.

I'd say give one to the chickens to see what they'd do but that might not work so well with their GI tracts. I don't think you'd like me much afterwards.

15. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Member

05D165A9-0AC0-4244-BAED-119EA9A3E626.jpeg Decided to try something new yesterday.

16. robin416

It's so sweet looking.

I haven't done a darned thing, maybe you all can guilt me into doing something constructive.

17. Sylie

That is absolutely adorable!

The banana's shouldn't bother the chickens as long as I don't go overboard on how much they eat of it, after all, it is a sugar treat! I'll probably steal the suet cake cage from the wild bird feeder for the day and let them have a little fun with a banana in a cage hahaha

Robin, if you want a quick and adorable Easter craft to do, buy some of those foam eggs in teh craft department, wind pastel colored yarn around them until the entire egg is covered, tie it off at the top into a top ponytail looking thing, paste on eyes, little feet made of felt and a little beak made of felt, voile! an easter chick. I did that several years ago, made a whole egg basket full for my mother.

18. robin416

Sounds adorable. I can come up with a ton excuses why I won't do that. The biggest is the hurt finger. I'm going to have to buy a new keyboard so I can tell which keys are what to hunt and peck because I wore the letters off this one.

19. GaChicken_Chick

GaChicken_Chick rkluse4570

BONNSSSAAAIIIIIII! So Robin is excited for bonsai pics. Here is the one I repotted this past weekend into a new pot. Bonsai is very much like chicken math. Theres many different species, then many different styles. I have over a hundred trees myself, ranging from Japanese maples, crepe myrtles, tropicals, pines, junipers.

Anyone else do bonsai???

This one is a trident maple.