Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
I free range - the main coop is the a-frame to the left. The fence is only there for when I need to separate or when I get new birds so they will get use to where the coop.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Since I got the two girls I've been constantly tweaking the coop. I had a 2x2 roost and they wouldn't touch it. Tonight I put in a 1x6 and they still weren't too thrilled but after I blocked the fluffy nesting area they didn't have a choice. Should I put walls around the nesting area or leave it open? Had the girls 9 days now and still no eggs. Previous owner said they were good for 6-10 eggs per week.

image-1516453958.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here is my setup. Found the barn shed on Craigs list for free & repainted it inside & out. Put a wall up, nesting boxes, etc. Bought a 10X10X6 dog kennel for their pen. Going to fence in on the other side of the coop for their run. They free range everyday, all day.

·
Banned
1,267 Posts
@chicksrluv... WOW !!! All I can say is SCORE !!! Craigslist has some really good deals sometimes.. Nice job !
@Charlie... looks good young man, I bet the girls love it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cogburn said:
@chicksrluv... WOW !!! All I can say is SCORE !!! Craigslist has some really good deals sometimes.. Nice job !
@Charlie... looks good young man, I bet the girls love it.
Yep I have to get them out of it some times hahahaha they like it too much lol how are your chicks getting on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Chick Inn B & B, their bed, our breakfast!

Our Set up began from the Witchita Cabin we saw online then modified. Here are the pics so far!

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
littlerocky said:
sorry do not know how to do it ,to put pics on this site .
All you have to do is make a new reply and at the top right theres a little + sign press that and then from library then Peres Which one you want and then add Some text and click send and your done thanks :)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts