Chicken Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Flocker
1,588 Posts
Maybe not what someone has asked, but I had one of those chicks that just wasn't going to make it, and I didn't want to leave it by itself. I had a busy day ahead of me, so I tucked it in between the girls in my bra to keep it warm, and started out. It stayed quiet and peaceful until we got to wal mart. I was at the checkout when it just started screaming!! I said "Excuse me, my titties are hatching" and reached in and pulled this sweet baby out!! It calmed down, and I nestled it back in there. It just wanted to know it wasn't alone!!! I'm secure in the knowledge that I wasn't the craziest person at WalMart that day!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol I love how u went to Walmart with it....I'm sorry it's one of those chicks that don't make it :( but at least it's a story teller ;P

·
174 Posts
Fuzziebutt, LOL...that's a great story! My hubby thought I was crazy last night because it had rained all day and I just had to blow dry my Silkie before he went to bed. He looked so pitiful all wet! haha!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Haha so cute! Well I have a dog and was taking her for a walk but didn't wanna leave my silky chick on his own so I put him in my pouch in my hoodie then put a coat on anyway I was talking the dog and got talking to a neighbour and he asked how far gone I was, I was really confused at first then I realised that because I had the chick in my pouch it made me look pregnant I had to take jasper out my hoodie and explain why I had him in there, it's fair to say he was very embarrassed!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha my fog does tht to like when we put her outside she puts her head down like "im sorry"

·
Registered
363 Posts
Well we went to get lunch with everyone at the rescue and Alex had been playing with Benjamin Button (the button quail) and we went into the resteraunt and then the button quail was in his jacket pockets!!! He Alex didn't even remember lol but Benjamin stayed there and we got back home and he realized Benjamin was in there....

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ha one time I was in Montana visiting cousins and me and my cousin was playing with a kitten and we went in our camper and so we put the kitten in the pocket of a lawn chair and when we came out we forgot about the kitten! Luckily my mom found the kitten and was like...u forget something and me and my cousin were like no.then she pulled out the kitten luckily alive! Sometimes I think in like 30 years older then I'm really :p

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hahah lol ok one time I was talking to a friend

Her: eww u have chickens?
Me:yeah what's wrong with that
Her: um they r gross little critters with gobblers
Me: ookkkaayy 1 they don't have gobblers and 2 they aren't THAT dirty
Her: well they will kill ur lawn
Me:well not if u put them in the cage in rocks like I am
Her:eek:k what ever ((whipped hair in face while walking away))

·
Registered
93 Posts
Our hen house has a heat lamp on a timer during the winter to keep the ladies and their water from freezing. More than one neighbor has referred to our "red light district".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts