Chicken Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
ACV is one of those things that some people swear by and some people dont. Its all a personal opinion. Some people swear it keep the chicks healthy. Personally I dont think so. I've never used it and have never had an issues with any chicks I have ever brooded.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. What's it's supposed to cure. Or is it one of those keep them healthy things?

·
Banned
825 Posts
I THINK it is supposed-to-be....like taking a "swig" of vinegar first thing in the morning.
(It's supposed to help your Digestive System AND your Immune System.)
I tend to agree....but....I prefer a "swig" of whisky instead.
( With Vinegar....you don't WANT to anymore....whisky ain't that way. Ha-Ha ! )

Actually...it is purported that the "mother" of Apple Cider Vinegar is very good for health.
I haven't tried it because I haven't found any "unprocessed" Apple Cider Vinegar in any of the places that I shop.
BUT...IF and WHEN I do find it...I plan to get some. MANY folks swear it's GOOD STUFF ! ( Healthy like yogurt )
( I don't know.....
guess I'll just stick with the "swig" of whisky to get the Ole Heart going in the mornings....My chickens don't get any....they can buy their OWN whisky ! I furnish their water. )

Ha-Ha !!! :)
-
ReTIRED-

·
Flocker
1,588 Posts
It helps their bodies absorb calcium, and helps the digestive system against parasites. I used it with my chickens, and never had any problems with worms, or never had any sick, except one with a cold. I am one that believes in it! I put a capful or so in a gallon waterer. They don't notice it, or if they do, they never told me. :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts