Chicken Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what incubator is better forced air farm innovator 2200 or forced air hova bator 2362N.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I have never hatched eggs before but hopefully someone will come along soon who has that experience!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I have a Hovabator and am about ready to get rid of it. I've had it for maybe 9 months and it is FUSSY. You have to have it somewhere that is completely the same temperature all the time with no fans, vents, or anything around it. Besides this the thermostat is wonky... takes weeks of fussing because sometimes it doesn't register changes until two days after you've turned it. Mine also likes to spike to 102 for no apparent reason even when no one's touched it and nothing's changed. Took me forever to actually hatch anything out of it and still proves to be such a PITA that I am contemplating buying something better... I might have just received a flawed unit but that is my experience.

·
1,466 Posts
i have 2 hovabators with fan kits & turners
my hatch rate all spring was between 80% & 100% not counting the clears i removed
it is really dry in our house when we are running the woodstove which makes hatching easy
when summer arrive our hatches dropped to between 60% & 70%

·
Registered
28 Posts
i have 2 hovabators with fan kits & turners
my hatch rate all spring was between 80% & 100% not counting the clears i removed
it is really dry in our house when we are running the woodstove which makes hatching easy
when summer arrive our hatches dropped to between 60% & 70%
So, you find they hatch better when weather is dryer and cooler?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts