Chicken Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When a roo circles a hen and extends the tip of his wing to the ground and does a little stomp and scratch at the ground? I see this all the time with both my Roos. Both Roos are seperate, they each have a flock of their own hens, (different breeds and to prevent fighting) it looks aggressive to me but I get the feeling I like aggression but I get the feeling I am wrong since the hens don't pay much attention to it. Hmmmm? Someone solve this mystery for me lol

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry for the grammatical error my screen keeps going blank and I can't see what I have typed until after I post.... Strange

·
Banned
1,954 Posts
That's the luuuuuuuuvvvvvvv dance, baby! :D It's a quick little dance to entice her to bow to her partner and do the dosie-doe!

·
Registered
513 Posts
My silly silkie roo extends his wings toward the ground and chases the girls around the yard. His run is so bouncy... yet he thinks he's the toughest guy on the block. I love that little guy lol

·
A Round American Woman
735 Posts
....hey, babe, hey sweet honey, look at me. Aren't I gorgeous? Don't you just love my tail feathers, hey baby, hey.

Men!!!! It's a chicken pick up line. My roosters usually making low hey baby cooing sounds when they dance!!

THAT's why she ignores them, she knows better!!

·
rich386
83 Posts
What makes any one think that we are so differant than these chickens. We do everything to attract them woman. We put our best foot forward showing off our fine clothing ( fethers ) We wine and dine them the rooster will pick up a morsel and drop it to show the hens where it is. We dance flailing our arms and legs only because we don't have wings. What do the girls do Just like the hens they ignor our antics! LOL

·
Banned
825 Posts
What makes any one think that we are so differant than these chickens. We do everything to attract them woman. We put our best foot forward showing off our fine clothing ( fethers ) We wine and dine them the rooster will pick up a morsel and drop it to show the hens where it is. We dance flailing our arms and legs only because we don't have wings. What do the girls do Just like the hens they ignor our antics! LOL
Just play "hard-to-get". It confuses and frustrates them.
works better.......!
Ha-Ha !
-ReTIRED-:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts