Chicken Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Administrator
24,682 Posts
Here's an off subject question for you. Can greyhounds get fat? Even in private home, which I haven't seen a ton of, they never have an ounce of extra weight.

Paw injuries are some of the worst. Even the toughest dogs can't ignore them and just carry on. That was a bad cut to need stitches. What do you both think of your new vet?

Yep, we'll need to be very careful about your chicken setup. BTW, what will the pups think of the birds? Will they have to be kept separate?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Fat? A little. They get rounded (I'd like to say that I get "rounded" but really it's fat). They are built for running, seeing, hunting, and coyote destroying.

LOVE our new vet! The only thing is that the vets here and about work in the field so that small animal care is after hours without an appt. $$$.

The coop setup . . .hummm . . .now that I am HERE, I've changed my mind a few times about positioning it. It's that we have a tool shed in the middle of my plans. I THOUGHT it was going to be behind the garage, but the garage builders asked for a 20' clearance and since they couldn't get to it until last Thursday and the shed was put in months ago, plans colliding. And the dog park area changed too. But don't let anyone claim that I'm inflexible . . . Soooooooo, I'm rethinking to turn the run sideways so the dogs can SEE them through the fencing but can't try out tasting them. They aren't that prey driven, thankfully. But I want to leave a goat area and to see out onto my garden and orchard area. Hummmmmm. I'll be on landscape design duty all month.

·
Administrator
24,682 Posts
Having a high opinion of your vet is so important. Maisey loves hers to a point. She gets gun shy when it comes to owie things though.

I couldn't resist this cup when I saw it at a thrift store. And Masie today. It's not easy catching her when she's still. If she's still she's zonked.

I
Tableware Coffee cup Drinkware Dishware Cup

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Collar

Think sun rising and sunset. Think power to the coop. Think human convenience.

BTW, how was it sleeping in your own bed last night?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Love the mug and the nice groom on Maiseylove. Yeah, I am thinking of chicken happiness and people convenience. But I have options (which I'll take over all things!). My head is like Maisey's movements and I decided to reflect over a hair cut.

FURNITURE DID NOT ARRIVE. Slept on inflatables. Sitting on stadium chair now. I am grumpy.

·
Administrator
24,682 Posts
I get her trimmed to a half inch. That means I still have lots of soft fur to run my fingers through which irritates her to no end.

Ah no! They've had plenty of time to be in your neighborhood. What is the schedule for delivery?

Do the greys bark a lot? Or at all? The reason I asked was Maisey. She barks. A lot. Last night she was going at it again, I woke enough to tell her to cut it out. What was different is that she came and got me. I got out of bed. Turned lights on. Opened the front door. She wouldn't go past the door frame. I got a flashlight which encouraged her to explore a bit.

When we got back in bed she snuggled up tight against me. She only does that when she's scared. So something was on our front porch.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts