Chicken Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Quick update on rain. She is almost completely healed. She justs nedd to finish the deep part. She even has pin fethers where the wound was. But she does have a scar and a deformity. Where her peeled skin was that we pulled up, her skin saged so it healed with a lump of skin in her thigh. She's still happy though. I have have many chickens with deformities. To me that just makes them even more special.

Reactions: Animals45

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I'm glad to hear she is recovering! Did you ever get around to clipping all of you're roosters spurs?
No but we really need to rain got her scab peed and my roo hazelnut is jabbing hin self with his spurs. So still chaotic at my house.

Reactions: Animals45

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Update on rain. It's been about 1 month. She doing great. Although she still up with us. She has a large bald spot still and a scab. Today she walked up out of the dog yard to my patio, then she activated my motion sensor light. So i came out into my screen room open the door. Rain walked in. Opened her crate and she walked in to go to sleep. Update on the spurs. Today me and my dad cliped hazelnut's spurs. Only nicked the quick on one of them. So there's your update

Reactions: imnukensc

Administrator
That is great news. I like the whole I have my private quarters thing and I want you to let me enter it. You might have a permanent house chicken in the making.

I'm glad you guys finally got at those spurs. They can be removed totally if you want to look it up to see how that's done.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
That is great news. I like the whole I have my private quarters thing and I want you to let me enter it. You might have a permanent house chicken in the making.

I'm glad you guys finally got at those spurs. They can be removed totally if you want to look it up to see how that's done.
We don't like to do that because my roos protect my hens. Also i yhink your right.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts