Chicken Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a hen rain. She is storm's baby. So she us so special to me. And today i noticed that she was walking funny. That brought me back to what happened to fire and penny. So i picked her up and looked at her. And there a roo spur wound on her thigh. It is so bad. Like alot of her skin is peeled down. We are trying to help her. We cleaned the wound. Then we cliped some fethers back. We pulled up her skin over her wound and push a guze on it and vet raped it up. We isolated her. I just don't want my baby dead. Am i doing the right thing for her?

·
Registered
Chick Lover
2,249 Posts
Sounds like your doing the right thing, I'm sorry to hear she isn't doing well!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's time to trim the rooster's spurs. Past time.

How many roosters are there with the hens?
There are curitly 6 breeding roos and 5 not bredding. And we have 15 hens. We are going to trim the keeper's spurs to night. We are keeping three. Also this is my hurt hen. It's kinda messy because she spilled her foos and water and of course she is a chicken so she pooped in there.
Bird Phasianidae Comb Chicken Beak

·
Registered
Chick Lover
2,249 Posts
Wow, I'm sad to hear she's not doing well, hope she'll heal!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have a hen rain. She is storm's baby. So she us so special to me. And today i noticed that she was walking funny. That brought me back to what happened to fire and penny. So i picked her up and looked at her. And there a roo spur wound on her thigh. It is so bad. Like alot of her skin is peeled down. We are trying to help her. We cleaned the wound. Then we cliped some fethers back. We pulled up her skin over her wound and push a guze on it and vet raped it up. We isolated her. I just don't want my baby dead. Am i doing the right thing for her?
Update on rain she doing good. Het wound is healing nice. But she is board.
Bird Vertebrate Beak Comb Phasianidae

Reactions: ChickenMom24

·
Administrator
22,048 Posts
She's probably lonely since she has none of her flock with her.

Did you cut those spurs yet? Or pull all of the roos out. This has happened a few too many times.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts