Chicken Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my very first chick order on Monday and found an extra surprise in the box. The label reads "Rare Exotic Free Chick". The children have already named him/her Afro. I know this is asking a lot but any ideas what this "rare exotic chick" might be? I wanted egg layers and wondering how this little fellow will fit in.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
My guess is Buff Laced Polish. Unless its all bright white, then White Polish. The coloring is hard to tell.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The heat lamp washes it out. It is yellow. Also likes the heat lamp a lot more then the Rhode Island Red's do. First day I had them Afro would be all by itself under the heat lamp.

·
977 Posts
Texasgirl, love your free chick ! Most of the time they are roos. We have our shipment coming in next week. I hope our free chick is half as cute!

·
977 Posts
TexasGirl, got our chicks in from McMurray! Thought our exotic chick was a Cochin because it had feathered feet but then I counted the toes. It had 5 toes! So I goggled and it is a Salmon Faverolle! We don't have any of this breed , I am happy with it, even if it turns out to be a boy!

image-3790789857.jpg

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts