What did I DO?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by robin416, Jun 12, 2020.

1. robin416

robin416 Administrator Staff Member

Today was another city day, one of the appointments was to have my hair cut. Well, I told her to cut it all off. I went from just above the shoulder to too short to comb. She put stuff in my non existent hair to keep it in place. Why?

I hate it. I was going to pull punches and say I didn't like it but that doesn't really convey how much I hate it.

As for that stuff that made my hair sticky and thick, before I ever sat down after getting home I washed my hair. What's left of it.

2. Sylie

Sylie Super Moderator Staff Member

Oye! Robin! I'm so sorry it didn't turn out like you hoped. That was a little drastic I would guess. Did you mean to go THAT short or did the hairdresser get carried away? I'm so sorry.

3. robin416

I like the top part but the other is all too short. It will grow out but probably more slowly than I can stand it.

No, I didn't think she'd cut me that short. We're going to have to go back to the drawing board on this one.

4. Sylie

That's the good thing about hair, it grows back.

5. robin416

I'm thinking about getting a wig. :(

6. MarkSmith

MarkSmith Member

I’m pretty sure you are thinking it’s ten times worse than what it actually is.

Difference between a bad haircut and good one is time. Your sense of humor is in the right spot, and I’m sure 6 months from now you’ll catch up and find it humorous.

7. robin416

Trust me, Mark, it's bad. I need the softness of some hair length. My face does not support this new no hair look at all. I look like a flipping leprechaun with my ears out in the open. Right now my hair is as short as my conservative dressing husband's was. Maybe shorter.

8. MarkSmith

MarkSmith Member

Then dye it pink and green and own the leprechaun look!!!!

Hell strut around after with a hen in your shoulder and a rooster under your arm.... and act like it’s perfectly normal to do so.

Sylie likes this.
  9. robin416

I'd probably blend right into the scenery around here. Which actually would be fine with me.

10. Overmountain1

Overmountain1 Member

Hi Robin! I’m so sorry you got a cut you hate- that’s a terrible feeling, but worse when there’s not enough left to do anything to change it.
    However- I’m with above- own it- it’s hot, it’s summer, and by fall you should have at least a little more to work with. And wigs are really popular too- there are some awesome ones out there! Anyway just had to add to hang in there- this too shall pass!

PS- you’re also talking to the chicken lady with bright yellow Croc muck boots that I will not think twice about wearing out- along with my faded pink/blue/yellow striped floppy straw hat.... so ya know, take me with a grain of salt! I just do not care what others think anymore. However, hair can be a little diff bc we are the ones who have to live with it. I get that too, believe me. So, long post aside, even if it isn’t as flattering as you’d like it to be, think how simple it will be to care for, and how cool it’ll feel on a hot day. (Just watch the sunscreen. )

11. robin416

Thanks OM, wish I could say that makes me feel more positive about it but it doesn't. I get up in the morning and it's spiking out all over the place so to go anywhere I have to wet it to get it to lay down.

I just didn't realize how short she was going to make it and by the time I realized it it was too late. I can guarantee one thing, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!

12. Sylie

Sorry to change the subject Robin but I just have to say...

OM - I have bright yellow Sloggers that have chickens on them hahahahaha! and I wear them everywhere!

13. robin416

LOL At least that gave me a laugh.

To show you how much my short hair has changed my look, the pharmacy where I get my drugs didn't recognize me. Usually they have my scripts sitting on the counter when I get there. Even the pharmacist said she didn't recognize me.

14. Sylie

I'm so sorry :( I know how it feels to have a cut you don't like and I can totally empathize.

Thomas Lippert likes this.
  15. robin416

Thank you. Even the pharmacist understood this morning since they did the same thing to her when she went shorter.

In my many decades I've never had a cut I hated like I hate this one. I keep pulling on my hair trying to convince it to grow faster.

16. Sylie

lol, I don't think that will work...but you could try a couple of things. First, massage your scalp often, it encourages blood flow to the follicles, no joke! You can also massage in some coconut oil, massage for about 5 minutes then let it sit for 15, the proteins and nutrients in coconut oil are very good for hair and skin. After the 15 minutes wash it out in lukewarm water, not hot, that dries the hair and scalp. Do that two to three times a week. It's what I do and my hair grew 18 inches this past year. (I know this because last May, I had a wedding to go to and decided to trim my own hair, it was down to the bottom of my shoulder blades, almost mid back and I just couldn't get it straight so I kept trimming, before I knew what happened, no joke, it was chin length. Today I am getting ready to go to another wedding this weekend and noticed that it is now almost as long as it was when I cut it last year.

17. robin416

I've got coconut oil here, no reason for me not to give it a try.

18. Sylie

It's not an overnight miracle of course, those don't exist but give it a few weeks, you may be surprised at how much length you can gain this way. :)

19. robin416

What little hair I have left might like the extra attention anyway.

Sylie and Thomas Lippert like this.
  20. Thomas Lippert

Thomas Lippert Member

I get a buzz cut the same way since Basic training in 86. Keep it simple. I do now sport a beard first one in 50 years. Keep it simple.