What breeds is my boy

Discussion in 'What Breed/Gender is This?' started by decman, Dec 30, 2012.

1. decman

decman New Member

This young man was a rescue bird after being dumped in town and was driving people nuts so I trapped him and relocated to my farm. Just would like to know what breeds ppl think he may be ??

Attached Files:

2. earlyt89

earlyt89 New Member

Bantam cross? Maybe welsummer or austrolop cross

3. decman

decman New Member

Thank you. No one in Tasmania Australia could tell me. So thank you. Just to get some hens that are his cross and all will be grand.

4. earlyt89

earlyt89 New Member

Wow I didn't know u were in Australia. They might have some chickens I ain't heard of out there. I'm in Alabama, United States

5. decman

decman New Member

I'm new to the world of chickens and I google the wel and they look identical to my boy.

6. woody

woody New Member

There are a lot of birds that look like that. It's the standard jungle fowl color. I would also consider red Dorking, depending on how big he is and he also may just be a cross of a lot of different birds.

7. decman

decman New Member

He's only normal size. And young. I think he has stopped growing. But we will have to see after I get some hens if he will get any bigger. Haha

8. TerryQui

TerryQui New Member

Wow! I want to hug you for saving him and he is just so stinkin' cute!

9. decman

decman New Member

Yeah it was getting to the point where I would drive past and see it flying fencers to flee ppl and dogs so I asked a lady to take my cat trap. 3 days later we got him. And now we struts his stuff at my family farm. Just need girls for him. So that's shy I would love to know what breeds ppl think may be in him.

10. kimberley

kimberley New Member

his color and build and head look like my easter egger. (mutt) but hes beautiful

11. BirdManSamiJD

BirdManSamiJD New Member

If I were to take a guess .....
    The first one that comes to mind (as said before) is a standard Jungle Fowl. But considering where you are located that couldn't really be the answer. Soooo, taking into considerstion of that breeds looks & fantasticly bright plumage colors in it's lineage, my guess-timate would be he's a beutifully colored Game-Bird Cross. If he's a smaller size than a standard breed of Rooster, let's say like a RIR, He may possibly even have some Bantam in him, so he may be a Old English Gamebird Bantam style!?
    When and if you ever find out what he really is, Please let us forum ppl know! Good Luck! :)