Chicken Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This young man was a rescue bird after being dumped in town and was driving people nuts so I trapped him and relocated to my farm. Just would like to know what breeds ppl think he may be ??

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. No one in Tasmania Australia could tell me. So thank you. Just to get some hens that are his cross and all will be grand.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Wow I didn't know u were in Australia. They might have some chickens I ain't heard of out there. I'm in Alabama, United States

·
Registered
13 Posts
There are a lot of birds that look like that. It's the standard jungle fowl color. I would also consider red Dorking, depending on how big he is and he also may just be a cross of a lot of different birds.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He's only normal size. And young. I think he has stopped growing. But we will have to see after I get some hens if he will get any bigger. Haha

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah it was getting to the point where I would drive past and see it flying fencers to flee ppl and dogs so I asked a lady to take my cat trap. 3 days later we got him. And now we struts his stuff at my family farm. Just need girls for him. So that's shy I would love to know what breeds ppl think may be in him.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If I were to take a guess .....
The first one that comes to mind (as said before) is a standard Jungle Fowl. But considering where you are located that couldn't really be the answer. Soooo, taking into considerstion of that breeds looks & fantasticly bright plumage colors in it's lineage, my guess-timate would be he's a beutifully colored Game-Bird Cross. If he's a smaller size than a standard breed of Rooster, let's say like a RIR, He may possibly even have some Bantam in him, so he may be a Old English Gamebird Bantam style!?
When and if you ever find out what he really is, Please let us forum ppl know! Good Luck! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts