Chicken Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got these at a flea market. The guy had mixed cages of all kinds of chicks and didn't even know what was what hae just had them all lumped together. I am asking about the little red hen and the little blue rooster. I think he is a blue andulusian. She could be a RI red but her body looks more like an Orpington. Also he is really small maybe even bantam sized. Anybody?did I tell you both are about 4 months old.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Rooster looks like a blue Andalusian.

Not sure about the hen, as it could be a RIR, but lots of times any red chicken is assumed to be a RIR. It kind of looks like she has white skin. RIR's have yellow.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agree the blue one is a andalusion and the red one is a RIR I have some of those right now and at that age they have white legs instead of yellow legs. It will change

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
I'm not convinced the blue is a Blue Andalusian rooster. If its a Blue Andalusian it is a hen. Here is pic of a Blue Andalusian from my flock at just shy of 4 months old. As for the red I would say production red of sorts. True RIR have a very flat back and is a deep red/brown.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After looking at my little boy blue and my bantam hen together I guess he could be a she... I guess I will have to wait and see

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm still convinced that he's a blue Andalusian. The white skin, white ear lobes, body shape, and large tail make me believe that he's an Andalusian.

·
Registered
743 Posts
The red one looks like what I have, however mine are not RIR's they are something else. RIR's by standards are a mahogany red, not that type of red. I was ticked off that tractor supply sold me RIR's and none of the 6 were RIR's I had 2 that died as babies, 1 was a red ranger, another one was a red star, and the other 2 are something else all together. But your red one looks like my little red out here, and she sure as the heck is not a RIR.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts