Chicken Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this chick out of an assorted pullet bin at tractor supply. The other two I'm pretty sure are white leghorns but I'm not sure what this girl is but she's pretty and a bit bigger than the rest of my chicks (6). Notice the feathers on her feet. What is she though?

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've had them all about a month and they were probably a week when I got them.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I am super new to this but I think she is a buff brahma. I have dark brahmas the buff was one of my top choices but I couldn't find them. Beautiful!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She looks just like that picture thanks!! I may be able to show her!! I'm new to this also

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She's also pretty friendly and definitely the prettiest bird I have I'm really proud of her. I had planned on getting some birds to possibly show in the future, I think she will do just fine , very excited to see what breed she is I don't know much about the different breeds yet. Thanks everyone for posting.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I agree with GenFoe, looks like a Buff Brahma to me as well....the TSC nearby my home (SW Ohio) was selling Buff Brahma's this year and I think they came from Mount Healthy Hatchery. Not 100% on the origin but that might be a place to consider looking GenFoe?!?!?

·
Registered
764 Posts
I'm not adding anything to the flock this year, as of right now I have 11 hens and 4 roosters plus two unknown silkies. Roosters are just getting fattened up for dinner and we will probably rehome 3 hens. We have room for 10-12comfortably. I'm hoping at least one silkie is female and when she goes broody I will give her eggs to hatch. So next year we will add a few. I had an awesome ratio with my straight run birds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts