Chicken Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
A Round American Woman
735 Posts
I believe he is the male version of a Red Sex Link. It looks like female red sex links in the back ground, he is the male version of that cross.

You can have aggressive and passive of every breed. Not every male of that breed is going to be aggressive, just like people, they are all different. However I think some have a tendency towards aggression or not. I have had good and bad and downright evil roosters. They were all different breeds and crosses as well. The only breed that I have NEVER had an aggressive rooster (in 8 roosters) is the Delaware. They have all been really good boys.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I wondered if they were red sex links but was told not. He was wicked. But he protected his ladies. He didn't have to be provoked to attack.

·
Ontario Farm Wife
11 Posts
I would agree, he certainly looks like a red sex link rooster!

-Melissa

·
Banned
825 Posts
Mine WAS aggressive. ( He was VERY PROTECTIVE of his Flock AND his "status" as BIG-SHOT.)
I knocked-him-out a few times when he attacked me. He would recover and avoid me for a few days....
...then right back at it !
I don't think he had a very good memory.
Ha-Ha !!!
-ReTIRED- :eek:
P.S. Ultimately....he was the FIRST to die when the chicken yard was invaded by a BIG Ole ****. I guess he did his job as best he could. But the competition was TOO MUCH and too Vicious !
I liked him and respected him a LOT !!! His name was "Oro Blanco de Gallo". A FINE Rooster, I think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts