Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very curious to know what breed my chicks are and if possibly u could tell me the gender. I know the black one is not an Australorp or a Jersey Giant cause there is no white but I do know it has gold feathers in between it's 2 wings so I'm leaning more towards a black star. The 3 pics of the black one is the same chick just to let you know so you didn't think they were 2 or 3 different chicks. I am also wondering what the red chick is I haven't the slightest idea. Thanks!
P5111700.JPG
P5111701.JPG
P5111695.JPG
DSCN2183 (2).JPG
DSCN2178.JPG

·
Administrator
19,628 Posts
They're babies, that's what they are. I'm sorry but you don't want me to make any guesses because I really am not very good at that.

Love that first pic.

·
Super Moderator
3,484 Posts

·
Wonderful Friend
1,247 Posts
I don't think we've ever seen the birds when they were still teeny tiny.
Oh don’t get me going! Lol

Tiny Chip. I’m looking for a specific set though. Hmm. Chip is a black breasted red Old English Game bantam. We got really lucky with them both-

Ok! Found some cool crab shots along the way, but there are some mega tiny Chip and Jackie shots!

Edit- I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to hijack the post. Just got to hunting down those pics and saw the others as I scrolled. Shew. I forgot to add those to the right album apparently.

·
Wonderful Friend
1,247 Posts
They are! Makes it hard to tell them apart when I do spot them occasionally down in the sand.... my poor babies! Ah! I’m about to be a nutball bc they aren’t coming back up yet. Which is silly bc I know better. Not yet anyway. Soon. Not yet. Sigh. It’s stressful having large crabs that have been in captivity a long while that I just moved to a new tank. All factors against this molt. Ok again with off topic. I am just THE WORST!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts