what are your favourite chicken moments??

Discussion in 'Chicken Stories and Images' started by annlouise, Sep 1, 2012.

1. annlouise

annlouise New Member

for me it has to be the first ever egg and seeing the cracked shell of our first hatchling

2. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

When Sweepea (RIR) would sit on my shoulder and play. I'd bring her back to her "house" after awhile and during the cold months, she'd climb down from my shoulder to the middle of my back for piggy-back ride. (She passed last May. Still miss her.) She would get jealous when Tillie (Barred Rock - still have) would jump on my lap to be held. Sweetpea would give Tillie a dirty look, hop on my lap, then with a toss of her head, jump up onto my shoulder and preen. Silly girl. :)

Attached Files:

3. TravisFoxTN

TravisFoxTN New Member

Awwe she's beautiful! @7chicks

4. kg_cg_good

kg_cg_good Junior Member

I am from Ohio and I have Great Nieces that live in Kentucky. They came to visit my Parents... and I supply them with fresh eggs. When they saw my Mother cooking eggs for their breakfast they couldn't believe the eggs were dirty...and asked her why the store would sell them like that! They have never seen a dirty egg..and just couldn't believe how they got dirty! They have never been to my Farm. So my Mother told my Great Nieces well just wait and see...and they all came for a visit! They fed the hens, collected the eggs, held the baby, even got to pet our rooster, Gilbert. They had a Wonderful time! So before we were getting ready to leave the barn, they both asked for an egg...and I said Ohhh, you have to cook them before you eat them!! They said No...we want to take them so we have a baby chick...LOL ... I was speechless... so had to try...to explain how they hatch....Can't wait for them to come and visit again, for the kids who are not raised or have access to a Farm...it is such an Amazing feeling to watch their expressions when they see and can actually help while they visit! That makes raising chickens so worth it to me!!! ...and notice my rooster on the second picture just watching!!!! I was very proud of him..he usually don't let anyone pet him but me!!

Attached Files:

5. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Thanks TravisFoxTN. She was a mama's girl. :)

6. Roslyn

Roslyn A Round American Woman

Taking off my dress pants and shoes and wading bare-backsided through a flooded creek to save my soaked Zoe before she panicked and jumped into the water trying to get back to the coop in the middle of a torrential down pour.

We still don't know how she got across the creek in the first place!!

7. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Here comes Roz to save the day!

8. Roslyn

Roslyn A Round American Woman

My husband stayed on "this" side of the creek and held my clothes while George, my rooster paced back and forth because he was so worried about "his" hen. I took her back to the coop (sopping wet) and George and some other hens gathered around her, cooing and talking to her.

It is my husband's favorite chicken story!!

9. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

You are a superhero, Roslyn! Chicken Saver!