Chicken Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a silkie/buff roo does I don't know anything about Roos we might give him to our neighbor because we are in the city limits and he isn't can anyone tell me about behavior and how to be the dominant one he's small and seems nice and were hoping he won't crow advice??

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And the previous owners said he was nice and doesn't crow much but they are outside city limits just want baby chicks eek saved him from being slaughters fingers crossed he won't crow

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
lmao my Silkie roo crows all day and has a nice loud crow. He starts at about 4am and doesn't stop till around dark. He also chases the kids (which is funny as heck lol, he doesn't hurt them though he is missing most of his nails from frost bite ) and he is dominant over our Cochin Roo.

Here's a pic of Prince Charming , he's not your typical silkie. He came from ideal hatchery.

·
Registered
513 Posts
lmao my Silkie roo crows all day and has a nice loud crow. He starts at about 4am and doesn't stop till around dark. He also chases the kids (which is funny as heck lol, he doesn't hurt them though he is missing most of his nails from frost bite ) and he is dominant over our Cochin Roo.

Here's a pic of Prince Charming , he's not your typical silkie. He came from ideal hatchery.
He looks like my silkie roo except mine has black feathers in the wings and tail snd gray speckles on his back. Very similar shape though

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
He looks like my silkie roo except mine has black feathers in the wings and tail snd gray speckles on his back. Very similar shape though
Well then maybe he's not so weird. I thought he was suppose to be smaller like the hens and fluffy. lol He's almost as big as my standard size hens and has the silkie feathers but not that fluffy, and his comb is funky. lol But DH likes him so he stays.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Well then maybe he's not so weird. I thought he was suppose to be smaller like the hens and fluffy. lol He's almost as big as my standard size hens and has the silkie feathers but not that fluffy, and his comb is funky. lol But DH likes him so he stays.
Oh I never said he's normal lol but I love the little guy anyways haha. I think that's just how hatchery stock silkies look

Attachments

·
977 Posts
I think the person you got him from might of confused him. He looks nothing like a Silkie. Does he have 5 toes? Usually they have feathered feet too. Handsome though!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Huh not sure what he is still a handsome boy though! Saved him from being slaughtered

1 - 11 of 11 Posts