Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one may not be as hard to figure out by someone with experience but I can't find any pictures that look like this chick. I have 3 of them this color.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GenFoe said:
Mine are friendly. Where did you purchase them?
TSC it just said "red pullets" I hadn't had chickens since I was a kid and I bought 6 to start out. There's 2 leghorns, 3 chicks like this one, and 1 what you had told me before was a buff brahma(which I'm pretty sure your absolutely right).. I will probably get Buff Orpington's next for eggs of course but mainly for meat

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GenFoe said:
Mine are friendly. Where did you purchase them?
TSC they were called just red pullets. These are the first chickens I've had since I was a kid. 3 like this 2 leghorns, and 1 buff brahma. I want some buff Orpington's next to got along with the flock but primarily to eat.

·
Registered
764 Posts
That's where I got mine too. More than likely production reds. They are a mix meant to be mean egg layers! I've read maybe 6 a week. This is our first time with chickens. My oldest are almost 6 weeks old the youngest a little less than 5 weeks.

I have two of these production reds, 4 Colombian rock cross, 5 barred rock, 4 dark brahmas and 2 silkies. So far I have 4 Roos so they will be dinner once they are big enough.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well it sounds like we started out juuust about the same time! Hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have, I didn't realize chickens could be so much fun :p

·
Registered
764 Posts
Yeah I am very happy with them. I'm anxiously awaiting this awkward "teenage" stage to be over. I can't wait till I have big full birds that I don't worry about leaving outside. It's been really rainy here in Mass so I haven't let them out the past two days. Just trying to give them treats and stuff to keep them from getting too bored. They and I are anxiously looking forward to nicer weather!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep that looks just like.. Buffalo and Barbecue I like that... I love my wings too haha

1 - 20 of 24 Posts