Chicken Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Rest in peace Sunfish
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I’m a bit concerned for chestnut. She is acting weird. She keeps looking up in the sky (this been happening everyday now) whenever I bring her out of the coop. She keeps making predator alert calls and even I don’t see anything nor does buttercup. She also tried to fly on the roosting bars today (it’s daytime) and she didn’t get on and fell off. She never fell off before… could it because she’s moulting? I see lots of new feathers on her growing still I’m not sure. She usually loves cuddles but now she doesn’t seem interested but more alert Instead. I just hope she isn’t sick..

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
It's possible that it could be a vitamin deficiency causing "stargazing." Treatment is Vitamin B1 aka Thiamine.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
If she wont go out in the snow, how is she eating snow? If you are giving her snow to eat, then stop it.

·
Registered
Rest in peace Sunfish
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If she wont go out in the snow, how is she eating snow? If you are giving her snow to eat, then stop it.
No why would I give her snow to eat? She reaches her head out and just eats the snow it’s like right beside the coop.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts