Chicken Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
I believe she's an olive-egger, which is a selective cross for olive-colored eggs. My guess is that she is Welsummer x Legbar, based on her appearance.

Generally, Legbars don't get too big of crests and a cross's crest should be smaller still, so it's likely your other birds will leave her alone. Polish with their massive crests often have plucking issues, but a large factor in that is that their crests are so big they can't see and the other birds take advantage of that. Your little one shouldn't have that problem. :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
I believe she's an olive-egger, which is a selective cross for olive-colored eggs. My guess is that she is Welsummer x Legbar, based on her appearance.

Generally, Legbars don't get too big of crests and a cross's crest should be smaller still, so it's likely your other birds will leave her alone. Polish with their massive crests often have plucking issues, but a large factor in that is that their crests are so big they can't see and the other birds take advantage of that. Your little one shouldn't have that problem. :)
As usual, agreed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Oh I would be thrilled if she is an OE! I have and had EE but if I get darker green eggs I will do a happy dance! 😀 Thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts