Chicken Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My roo has a bleeding comb, it is because of frostbite....

We have kept him separated in his own chicken tractor, and had for about a week at a time. Every single time I let him out, my little white hen, Pickle, tries to peck at it, so it bleeds again!!! Does anyone have any home made things, whatever they may be, that might solve this? Other than an ax and stump for Pickle?:eek:

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
There is a bluekote ( I think thats how its spelt) I have heard many people use it to seal wounds and it stops pecking.

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
I use Dr. Harvey's Healing cream. It's one of the most wonderful things on earth! I have jars all over the house. I've used it on combs but more importantly I sliced my finger pretty deep yesterday and I'm using it for that too. It's my go to for anything topical - except poison ivy. Honestly, one of the 7 wonders of the world! It's that good. And 100% natural. Dogs cats birds chickens humans horses goats reptiles. Great stuff!

·
Registered
40 Posts
do i mean for you to cut it off? no ... i meant that some people that have game rooster cut their combs off. they may know how to stop it from bleeding...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Have you tried Stockholm tar?....it's mostly used on horses etc to stop them licking wounds....I've used it numerous times on bullied hens,just smear it over the affected area and watch the aggressive hens reaction when she gets a beak full of it,it's disgusting (I know,I've tasted it!)..it is harmless and has an antiseptic quality by sealing the wound.
I swear by it...and it's cheap!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts