Well I’m gone

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Overmountain1, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Overmountain1

Overmountain1 Well-Known Member

Thanks! You guys are awesome. And yes, the view. Wow. It’s simply breathtaking, rain or shine honestly! I chose the house by map for the location, and we were blessed enough that it all fell into place.

It is more built up around here but not as bad as it is around Nags Head area. The southern shores here are my fave- quiet and slow living. But I do miss my chickens. On that note, enjoy this video! I love it!!

Poultry Judge likes this.
  2. robin416

robin416 Administrator Staff Member

So many of the places that were known for their quiet and being less populated no longer exist. It's a good thing we can escape to our home places to find that quiet again.

Overmountain1 and Poultry Judge like this.

3. danathome

danathome Well-Known Member

So cute. More and more people are having chickens as pets rather than just barnyard animals. Many of my serama go as pets.

4. Poultry Judge

Poultry Judge Moderator Staff Member

Some of my ducks said they want to go swim at Robin's place.

Overmountain1 likes this.
  5. Poultry Judge

Thanks for the video!

6. robin416

The closest open water I have is about a half mile away and has gators in it. Tell them this area isn't a good place for a relaxing swim.

7. Overmountain1

Well I’ll share this open water! The surf was incredible yesterday- storm just off shore, and we went down to the literal Hatteras Point. Gorgeous and turbulent!!
    Home tomorrow.... I told my husband I feel a case of Covid coming on today....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Overmountain1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That one on top this post- I just love how it came out.

9. robin416

Stunning and powerful pics.

Travel safely on the return home. Your critters are waiting on your safe return.

10. Poultry Judge

Yes, that one is great, maybe you can make it into a piece of wall art!

11. Overmountain1

Last couple of pics to share; then back to the grind. Ocracoke Lighthouse, random giant rooster statue, and a few just turned out neat as heck. The pinkish haze one is sunrise altho that is behind me in relation. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

robin416 likes this.
  12. robin416

You do take some amazing pics.

13. Overmountain1

Awww thanks- we did regret not bringing our actual good camera! I just had easy subject matter this time. Mother Nature is always the ultimate artist.

14. robin416

It can be tough catching Mother Nature just so to turn out amazing pics. You've got a good eye for when to hit that button.

Poultry Judge and Overmountain1 like this.
  15. Overmountain1

Or trial and error style! For me, I can’t take just 1-2, I gotta take a slew of them bc they all turn out just ever so slightly different; in focus, or lighting, or movement etc... but thank you. I do enjoy it. And the discovery that my phone took such cool water pics is apparent this time too! Ha
    But really- I’ve learned the trick (with any point and shoot at least) is to take several.
    This is about 1/4-1/5 of the shots I took that afternoon, but this is what it looks like on my end- lots to comb thru! But it’s fun to me. The hubbs is even better some of the time, when he has the time. Talented creature that he is... He took some really cool ones too.
    [​IMG]

16. robin416

That's where my patience ends. If it doesn't work out with the first pic I quit. Combing through all of the possibles to keep I just can't do it.

But that's why you have such stunning pics so often. You didn't quit before it was time to.

17. Poultry Judge

18. Overmountain1

All in all a good trip. First time we have gone that late in the year but it was nice! I wish I could have taken a picture of the stars. They were just unreal. I lay up on that upper deck at roof level every night i could see anything, listened to the surf (was odd, we could hear it perfectly up there the way it rolled across the water and how narrow the strip was upwind of us.) Felt like it was just right out front or something. Anyway it was neat, saw a lot of shooting stars tho it was cloudy for the meteor shower.
    My son had a good bday tho, and he’s super excited about his new skateboard- Lawd help me....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. robin416

Was protective gear part of that b'day present? He's a boy. He knows no boundaries when it comes to safety. Which makes me wonder, how do they make it to adulthood? And how do Mom's maintain their sanity.

You could hear the water so well because you were up high. Houses built on hills above roads hear everything that goes down the road almost like they're pulling right up in the driveway.

Do you have too much light pollution at home to see the stars? For me, it's too many trees.

Great looking family. A happy looking family.

20. Poultry Judge

The sound of the surf at night is wonderful!