Chicken Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my 6-7 month old rooster has been randomly laying down. Sometimes in the shade, sometimes in the sun. Seems pretty random. Then he'll get up and go about his business as usual. He's not sick otherwise. Only other thing is he's crowing more than usual. I dunno if that's related..?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
image-1296237312.jpg

I caught him doing it in the front yard the other day. He only does it for a moment or so each time. Few times a day maybe. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!
Oh and his comb is dry too. Again, I dunno if that's related or not..

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unfortunately we found roo had died sometime last night. Other than the squatting there was no other symptoms. Heartbroken in Ca. I don't know if his death is related to that symptom but beware if your rooster starts doing that bc it might be. :-(

·
172 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Roo. :( Let us know if you find out any more info as to why.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We have no idea and no clues as to what went wrong. That's making it harder-he wasn't sick so this is such a shock. We have a tiny flock too-just 4 chickens counting the roo. Gives an idea of how close we were to him. I made his grave marker tonight and a lanyard for the rear view mirror of his "owner"-my baby daddy-using some if his beautiful tail feathers. Posting a pic. Hopefully burying him in the spot he loved to crow tomorrow afternoon-by the backyard gate where the whole neighborhood could hear him! Lol. And when we first got him-as a day old chick-he loved to snuggle in Jesses beard-my baby daddy-so I'm adding a clipping from his beard in with him during the burial. *smiles sadly*

image-4052190190.jpg

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts