Chicken Forum banner
3381 - 3388 of 3388 Posts

·
Wonderful Friend
1,793 Posts
Oh but it was so much more fun!!!

Yeah- we were all home; I had fallen asleep on the couch, Tristan had gone to bed early , his bro was hiding in the closet in the next room... which shares a wall with Tristan’s bed. (Empty closet atm- yay me!) He has a sleeping bag and stuff, and it is technically his room. So anyway. Hubby went to bed early too.
Next thing I know the doorbell is ringing and there’s ‘that’ knock at the door and I’m all Ah!! So I open the door as much as I can, which is about a foot and a half as we still had the cage sitting there from chicken hospital... anyway. So at first I’m thinking they need the hubbs bc something big must’ve happened right? No- he proceeds to tell me my 12 year old son had called bc he thought someone was coming in the window.... still haven’t sorted out how his brain got that from whatever he heard, but he said he was too scared to stick his head out in the hall.
Needless to say, we had a talk! Lol. Not mad and not telling him not to per se, just... to be extra sure he needs a cop! So that was our exciting evening....
And for the record I meant to respond to answer my own question a bit earlier than now! Didn’t mean to leave you hanging half the day lol!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Seven years ago we had an ice storm here. It took the power out about ten at night. I can tell you it got really, really cold in the house that night. But they got us back up and running within three hours. So, hopefully it will be the same story for you all.

It's one of the reasons I have generators. I'm not doing that anymore.
Say a prayer and thank a Lineman!

·
Administrator
23,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,384 ·
Trust me, thanks did happen. I think the thing more amazing is that they could do it at all with absolutely no equipment to clear the roads.

How has it been up in your neck of the woods, Slippy? I've thought of you a time or two over the past few days. You're in that mess. I just missed it coming quite this far south.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Trust me, thanks did happen. I think the thing more amazing is that they could do it at all with absolutely no equipment to clear the roads.

How has it been up in your neck of the woods, Slippy? I've thought of you a time or two over the past few days. You're in that mess. I just missed it coming quite this far south.
Not too bad, in fact its sunny and nice today. We did get a dusting of snow
Plant Sky Natural landscape Branch Twig

Sky Plant Tree Branch Wood

But I just tossed some wood in the old fireplace
Hearth Wood Flame Fire Rectangle

And cracked open one my special bottles of yum yum...
Bottle Liquid Drinkware Table Barware

·
Super Moderator
4,235 Posts
3381 - 3388 of 3388 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.