Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just placed an order last night with McMurray (thanks for all the information about them)

We got
5 leghorns
5 blue silkie bantam
10 mille fleur bantams
5 americana's
and also 10 ducks (rouen)

We have had chickens before but did not have a good place for them so because of the neighbors dog and wildlife we have lost all of them....so...lesson learned!!!

My husband is making plans to build a REAL hen house and run for the chickens. We are really excited to have fresh eggs again!!!

As for the ducks...we have a pond with ALOT of "hiding" places for them....also we are going to turn our old "chicken coop" into a "sleeping area" for the ducks to use. We plan on all of them to be as free range as possible but have a place to lock them up at night and when we go out of town.

This forum has helped ALOT for me to learn (and I am still reading) as much as I can to have happy, healthy birds!!!! Thank yall so much for everyone of yall sharing your experience so that folks like me can learn!!! I really appreciate all of it!!! Any further information or pointers are GREATLY welcomed also !! :D

Looking forward to our new "babies" to arrive...expected date is from Monday the 18 to Thursday the 21....I will post pictures when our babies get here....

YAY so excited!!!! Thanks again everyone!!!

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Congrats! Ordering new babies is always fun. I just placed my order with Cackle this morning, now I cant wait to get them. :)

·
Registered
468 Posts
Oooh congratulations! How wonderful! I have silkies also you will just love them! The very best part is getting that early morning phone call from the post office to pick up your chicks! You will love it! The night before I could hardly sleep! Then once your holding that peeping box it's more exciting than Christmas day! They grow so fast! My youngest are now going on 5 weeks! They are getting taller and sprouting head feathers! They are silkies. I have a small flock of four silkies. It will be so much fun for you! After a few days start to handle them daily and they will become tame. I wish you the best and show us lots of pictures ok.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Congrat's on the soon to be new arrivals! So much fun they are!!! Can't wait to meet them myself via lots of pictures! :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
oh how exciting, cant wait to see pictures of the new chicks...ahh this is the life isnt it, to get so giddy over baby chickens...

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Chickprepper69 said:
We got the phone call from the post office....chicks are here!!! Cant wait to go get them!!!! I will post pictures later :)
You got allot there. I can't imagine the feeling of going to go pick up boxes of many assorted hatchlings. Excited for y'all!!! Pics pics pics! Lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Too cute! Congrats, must be very chirpy in your house lol where's the ducky's?.
Actually it is kinna quite they are all alseep now LOL :)

Ducks are being shipped later....did not have enough in stock when we ordered :( But kinna good in a way...lets me get use to these guys first :)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Must be tired from the commute. Plus after all that finally getting to eat and drink and be all comfy and warm. Lol

·
227 Posts
Well, my wife and I got 13 new chicks. They are a week old and doing great. We got 8 from Tractor Supply and 5 from local feed store. Three are bantam, 3 are Cornish Rock, 2 Pullets, these came from tractor supply, not sure of sex or breed. The 5 from feed store are 2 Americana pullets and 2 Buff Orpington pullets and 1 Buff Roo. We are excited to see what the others end up being.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts