Chicken Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok they are all huddled in the back corner kind of sleeping isthis normal? One of the surprise chicks is walking around peeping up a storm. Its 91 deg in there and they have all eaten and I think all have drank atleast once.

·
57 Posts
Ok they are all huddled in the back corner kind of sleeping isthis normal? One of the surprise chicks is walking around peeping up a storm. Its 91 deg in there and they have all eaten and I think all have drank atleast once.
Sounds like they are cold. Raise the heat and see if they do better. Usually huddling and crying is a sound of uncomfortable

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup I have been at a steady 96* and shrunk their pen a bit and they seem fine now. Phew. We were panicing a little...lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They made it through the first night. Phew!! One of the surprise chicks were jumping up on top of the water container this morning.

·
227 Posts
There wonderful aren't they. All of us newbies worry way to much I am sure. But, over caring can't be all bad! :p
Usually if they huddle togeather, to cold, if they all get away from light to hot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts