Chicken Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's an idea I used for other purposes too. I have a translucent water container but it is still tough to see the level of water that remains. So, I use some of those bright orange bobber/floats for fishing. I just throw a few in there and now I can clearly see the water line. Easy to make sure now that they do not run low on water.

·
Happee ChickenSuperMomma
150 Posts
That sounds like a great idea! Thanks for sharing! :)

·
Happee ChickenSuperMomma
150 Posts
Doesn't the kiddie pool water get dirt, hay & poo in it? How do you keep it clean?

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Doesn't the kiddie pool water get dirt, hay & poo in it? How do you keep it clean?
I free range all day the kiddy pool is out in the yard so no hay around. As for poop in it, sure and mud . Thats why it gets changed every other day, or everyday depending on how much water the ducks splashed out. ;)

·
Happee ChickenSuperMomma
150 Posts
Ahhhh! You've got ducks! I thought we were talking about just chickens. :p I may have wandered into the wrong forum. ;-)

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Ahhhh! You've got ducks! I thought we were talking about just chickens. :p I may have wandered into the wrong forum. ;-)
Nope your in the right place :) I have Chickens, ducks, geese, and turkeys. More chickens than anything and they all share water and feed.

·
Happee ChickenSuperMomma
150 Posts
That's wonderful! Good job! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts