Chicken Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Long Island, NY. I have a small enclosed coop, it's about 8x4 with a ramp up to a nice large nesting box. I had rescued 2 chicks, built the coop for them, and they ended up being roosters, so I had to re home them. Now I'm looking into getting a few bantams, mostly as pets, but having eggs on occasion will be nice as well. My problem is I have no idea where to get the chicks. Not many people have chickens on long island, and all the places to order online have minimums of about 15. I was looking to get maybe 3. Does anyone know where I could get a few bantams? I'd like mixed breeds, and I definitely want at least 1 silkie.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
You could also check in your area craigslist and most feed stores have "a for sale board". (road trip :D)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got my chicks off a lady who bought a mixed assortment of layers and she kept the ones she wanted/needed and sol the rest. You could probably pay for your chicks that way

·
HollyOsborn
200 Posts
Any feed store in the spring will have them.. not sure if you have Big R stores on the East coast.... but they have tubs and tubs of babies..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts